BJSS - Leeds - United Kingdom(February 1994 - April 2003)
- Principal Consultant (Projects, Technology, Process) specialising in capital markets and energy trading.
- Architect and Project Principal to clients including Reuters, London Stock Exchange, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Orange, BP, Zurich Financial Services, Dresdner Klienwort Benson, Tullett and Tokyo, Barclays Capital, Financial Services Authority, Singer Friedlanger.
- Development Manger for BP NEXTGen Programme USD22M delivering global end to end (from extraction to delivery at pump) oil scheduling system across BP (B2C and B2B).
- Project Manager and Architect Reuters SETS trading system.
- Project Principal for London Stock Exchange secure trade settlement system.
- Project Principal for Zurich Financial Services self service group pension system.
- Project Lead for Orange mobile communications fraud detection system.
- Architect and Project Lead for numerous Reuters projects including Remote FIX Integration Certification Tools, Derivative Pricing Tools, Position Management tools, Intranet Product Management Systems, various feed, display and valuation systems for equity, bond, commodities and energy, options, swaps markets/instruments
- Design of encryption algorithms and associated transport systems for the Financial Services Authority.
- Development Lead for Barclays de Zoete Wedd (Barclays Capital) Global Market Risk group developing pricing and risk management tools (equity, bond, convertible bond).
- BP, Development Manager, Next Gen.
Implementation of the Global Oil Core Scheduling Tool (CST) and its interfaces to legacy back office systems. A massively Agile project, spread across three sites, London, Canterra and Singapore. Based on a web service architecture using Glue to expose SOAP interfaces to rich DHTML client applications. The business tier was implemented using BEA's Weblogic implementation of J2EE with a custom layer to persist objects to an Oracle 8i database. CST used TIBCO RV
hosted XML messaging between systems including a deal entry system and downstream legacy back-office systems for settlement and MIS reporting systems.
This project was winner of BP´s Helios award.
- Ansbacher Bank.
Managing the outsource of existing projects and development of new products to BJSS including Trading, Loans & Mortgage, Workflow and Billing systems.
- Reuters. LSE Extranet SETS Service.
Migration of Reuters Equity Trading System to support LSE Extranet SETS Service.
- London Stock Exchange, Secure Trade Settlement Billing System.
Development of on-line billing system for LSE´s Secure Trade System System interface to CrestCo.
- London Stock Exchange, Secure Trade Settlement System.
Development of LSEs interface into CrestCo´s settlement system and associated PKI infrastructure.
- Zurich Financial Services (+Allied Dumbar and Eagle Star), Development Manager.
Responsible for the complete delivery of the group´s first online product, the self-service group pension plan system.
- Orange PLC, Architect, Fraud Detection System.
Architecture and design of real-time mobile telecoms fraud detection system.
- Liberty (Reuters). Achitect and Project Lead, FIX Self Certification Services.
Development to provide remote self-certification facilities interfacing into Reuters Inter-Trade Direct (RITD) FIX 4 Order Routing System.
- Dresdner Kleinwort Benson, Architect and Project Lead, CADs
Development of global corporate actions (Reuters, Bloomberg, Vaorinform, Telekurs) platform providing real-time corporate action notification across DrKB group.
- Dresdner Kleinwort Benson, Architect and Project Lead, BestWINS trading platform.
Development of Retail Service Provider (RSP) equity trading system supporting the Winterflood and DKB Best markets.
- Dresdner Kleinwort Benson, Architect and Project Lead, Corporate Actions Service.
Development of a real time feed system of Corporate Actions into back office trade reporting systems.
- Reuters, Interest Rate Option Pricing.
Development of a realtime Interest Rate Option pricing engine.
- Dresdner Kleinwort Benson, Architect and Project Lead, Dividend Services.
Development of a dividend notification service (Bloomberg and Telekurs) providing real-time events to front and back office systems across the DrKB group via Tibco ETX, web services and CORBA ORB services.
- Tullett and Tokyo, Consultant, Review of PAT2 Trading System.
Detailed architectural review of internal FX trading system for suitability for additional markets, capacity, performance, scalability and B2B services.
- Reuters, Architect and Project Lead, Global Smelting Database and feed services.
Development of system providing global smelting capacity across Reuters Commodities and Energy Products.
- Reuters, Architect and Project Lead, Options and Position Monitor.
Development of real-time Option pricing and position monitoring product.
- London Underground, Architect, ¨Project Handover¨ Intranet.
Architecture and Design of a system that managed all stock and associated work-flow management across the London Underground infrastructure.
- Reuters, Architect and Project Lead, Financial Modelling Applications.
Lead a team of Analysts and Engineering Teams to develop a suite of real-time pricing and modelling products including API statistics, spread and arbitrage, energy swaps and options.
- Reuters, Project Manager, Y2K Testing of SETS Trading System.
Lead the Y2K testing of Reuter´s FTSE 100/250 Equity Trading Interface (to LSE SETS).
- Reuters, Architect and Project Lead, ¨Triach Online¨
Delivery of one of Reuter´s first Intranet system,¨ Triach Online¨, a knowledge based for all Triach products across all business units including sales, site engineers, product development, service delivery and operations groups.
- Reuters, Architect and Project Lead, SETS Head End
Replacement of the RoyalBlue SETS feed system.
- Reuters, Project Lead, London Exchange Viewer
Delivery of LXV, Reuter´s SETS client..
- Reuters, Project Lead, ViewBuilder.
Delivery of Reuters SETS Feed for FTSE equity markets.
- Barclays de Zoete Wedd (Barclays Capital), Consultant, Synthetic SWAP Based Derivative.
Project Lead on the development of a new financial product and associated trade capture and back office tools.
- Barclays de Zoete Wedd (Barclays Capital), Architect and Project Lead, NOSTRO Management System.
Delivery of NOSTRO (Intra Bank Lending) Management System
- Boldon James, Developer, X.500 Integrated Directory User Agent within X.400 User Agent.
Project to provide X.500 directory service user agents using the DAP protocol.
- Singer Freidlanger, Consultant, Capital Adequacy Reporting.
Consultancy on the design of a Capital Adequacy Risk Management System.
- Security And Futures Authority (Financial Services Authority), Architect, Encryption (and Compression) Algorithms .
Delivery of a system to secure trade reporting between client organisations to the SFA.
- Barclays de Zoete Wedd (Barclays Capital) - Global Market Risk Management, Architect, BRAHMS, Global Risk Reporting System
Development of global risk management platform.
- Security And Futures Authority (Financial Services Authority), Architect and Developer, Trade Reporting System
Delivery of a system to facilitate electronic trade reporting between the SFA and financial organisations. Prior to this trade reports were delivered by courier.
- Barclays de Zoete Wedd (Barclays Capital) - Global Market Risk Management, Designer and Developer, Risk Management Tools.
Delivery of a number of risk management systems for Global Risk and Equity Derivative trading group..
- Specialising in the capital markets, energy trading and retail banking sectors. BJSS is an established IT consultancy of over 380 technologists delivering IT architecture, project management, business analysis, software design, development and testing services to an international client base. Founded in 1993 with offices in Leeds, London, New York, Manchester and Derby.